So, having missed out on the archaeological digs at Arbury Camp, we're busy digging up artefacts from the Arbury Estate and the three Arbury farms of yore - Arbury Camp, Hall, and Manor.
For our new selection, we begin with the religious text above, which used to hang in Mrs Amelia Brett's bedroom at the Manor Farm on Arbury 'Meadow' Road. The text was apparently obtained from a seed catalogue, about 120 years ago and framed between glass and board with a paper tape called 'passe partout'. If you applied water to this, it stuck like crazy, and came in a range of colours and finishes to give an attractive framed effect in the days before easily affordable mass-produced frames.
Amelia's place of religious worship was the Wesley Chapel, in High Street, Chesterton, and she was also a member of the Mothers' Union at the village's St Andrew's Church, where she was laid to rest in 1924.
We have several pages of complete transcripts of conversations of 1980 Arbury residents from the 'Arbury 1980' project, many never before published. These are a wonderful link back, with voices from the past telling of things that are now beyond living memory.
Mr Reginald Jones, of nearby Leys Avenue, was a grandson of Mrs Amelia Brett and a contributor to 'Arbury 1980' and Arbury Is Where We Live! He told children at the Grove School: